What probes are supported on the RF input of the MDO3000 and MDO4000 series?
The RF input on the MDO3000 and MDO4000 series has an N connector, so the RF input can support cables, antennas, and other adapters typically used with a spectrum analyzer. The RF input is 50 ohms and it is AC coupled. Below is a listing of some of Tektronix probes that can be used on the RF input and if an adapter is required.
1) With a N to BNC adapter you can use the following probes:
2) With a N to SMA adapter you can use the following probe:
3) With a TPA-N-VPI1 adapter, you can use the following VPI probes:
4) With a TPA-N-VPI1 adapter and a TPA-BNC2 you can also use the following Level II TekProbe™ probes:
Also available from Tektronix for the MDO3000 and MDO4000 Series RF input:
- 119-4146-00 Near field probe set, 100 kHz – 1 GHz /node/64501
- 119-6609-00 Flexible monopole antenna
1Note: The TPA-N-VPI Adapter accepts probes with BNC, Level I TekProbe™, and TekVPI™ outputs and allows you to use them on your MDO3000 or MDO4000 N-type RF input connector.
2 Note: Adding a TPA-BNC adapter to the TPA-N-VPI will allow use of various Level II TekProbe™ probes.
This FAQ Applies to:
Product: MDO4054-3, MDO4054-6, MDO4104-3, MDO4104-6, MDO3012, MDO3014, MDO3022, MDO3024, MDO3032, MDO3034, MDO3052, MDO3054, MDO3102, MDO3104, MDO4014B-3, MDO4024C, MDO4034B-3, MDO4034C, MDO4054B-3, MDO4054B-6, MDO4054C, MDO4104B-3, MDO4104B-6, MDO4104C
FAQ ID : 64506View all FAQs »